Cat Stevens: It looks like Yusuf Islam is either a fool or a liar according to the National Post when he says he is all about "peace." TORONTO - Yusuf Islam, the British singer formerly known as Cat Stevens, was the guest of honour at a Toronto fundraising dinner hosted by an organization that has since been identified by the Canadian government as a "front" for the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas. In a videotape of the 1998 event obtained by the National Post, Mr. Islam describes Israel as a "so-called new society" created by a "so-called religion" and urges the audience to donate to the Jerusalem Fund for Human Services to "lessen the suffering of our brothers and sisters in Palestine and the Holy Land." Keep him out. Roger Simon has more comment.
Thursday, September 30, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Shut up: If you needed any more proof that enterta...
- Bloggers: Nytimes magazine piece on bloggers is a ...
- Africa: Bus drivers in Swaziland say they will rap...
- Germany: Schroeder's SPD party loses again in loca...
- Che`: Great piece on the ridiculous idolizing by s...
- Sudan: African Union wants to send troops to help ...
- France/Turkey: French PM not at all pleased with T...
- RatherGate: Summary of new developments on CBS and...
- Sudan: United State has to weaken a resolution aga...
- Bush records: No, I am not surprised that the pres...