Iraq: While the Media was looking forward to the 1000th death in Iraq as a boost for John Kerry, The people on the ground think the media are just vultures. "Dismissing parallels with the 1961-75 war in Vietnam, officers lashed out at the media for playing the grim-reaper over the mounting casualty toll and failing to appreciate the sacrifices made by each soldier. "It sucks. The newspapers glorify it. Everyday, reporting the numbers going up and up, trying to push a point," said Captain Gregory Wingard, 39, at the 1st Infantry Division's Camp Warhorse near Baquba, north of Baghdad."
Tuesday, September 07, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Idiot: Typical article about Muslims voting for Ke...
- Guardian: I don't know how this ended up in the le...
- Russia: Russian Government is furious about what/h...
- Preparing for Hurricane Frances, I hate hunting fo...
- RNC 2nd night: Arnold was great, the twins were be...
- Trinidad: Another case of my home country going to...
- France: The two French journalists who have been k...
- Sudan: Where there is black people to exploit and ...
- Kerry: This part of John Kerry's 1971 testimony is...
- NYTimes: This is like a broken record, but the NYT...