Al qaeda: Tape surfaced today supposedly by Dr. Ayman al-Zawahri, the second in command calling for Muslim youths to rise up and attack. It was the second message said to be from Zawahri to surface in less than a month. The voice on the tape, which refers to "crusader America," says: "We should not wait until U.S., British, French, Jewish, South Korean, Hungarian or Polish forces enter Egypt, the Arabian Peninsula, Yemen and Algeria before we resist. The interests of the Americans, British, Australians, French, Polish, Norwegians, South Korean and Japanese are spread everywhere. France: BBC with some strange wording on a 15 year old girl protesting the headscarf ban in France by shaving her hair off. A 15-year-old French Muslim girl has beaten the ban on Islamic headscarves in schools by shaving her head. At school on Friday she said: "I will respect both French law and Muslim law by taking off what I have on my head and not showing my hair." Many Muslims believe modesty requires women to cover their hair in public. Actually the rule doesn't care about the hair, you are not supposed to show anything other than your face, so she did not beat the ban and her protest while well-meaning is useless. The headscarf ban is stupid btw.
Saturday, October 02, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Cat Stevens: It looks like Yusuf Islam is either a...
- Shut up: If you needed any more proof that enterta...
- Bloggers: Nytimes magazine piece on bloggers is a ...
- Africa: Bus drivers in Swaziland say they will rap...
- Germany: Schroeder's SPD party loses again in loca...
- Che`: Great piece on the ridiculous idolizing by s...
- Sudan: African Union wants to send troops to help ...
- France/Turkey: French PM not at all pleased with T...
- RatherGate: Summary of new developments on CBS and...
- Sudan: United State has to weaken a resolution aga...