BBC: When it comes to loving terrorists like Yasser Arafat, BBC correspondents take a backseat to almost no one in Western Media. Barbara Plett: "Yet when the helicopter carrying the frail old man rose above his ruined compound, I started to cry... without warning. In quieter moments since I have asked myself, why the sudden surge of emotion? " "...Despite his obvious failings - his use of corruption, his ambivalence towards violence, his autocratic way of ruling - no one could accuse him of cowardice. " I expect her to bust out with a remix of "Don't cry for me Argentina" the Arafat version. Read the whole thing, it's a stunning example of why you cannot get objective coverage of the Middle East and Israel from the BBC. More here at NormBlog. Roger Simon weighs in. New Zealand: This is amusing, the Maori who were the original inhabitants of New Zealand say they own the NZ coastline and fighting to stop a bill that would "nationalize" it so no one can claim ownership. Arafat: Speaking of the old bastard, He is said to be stable and curable.. darn it. Spain: Radical Islam on the rise in Spain's jail system which seems to be the norm in other places such as Australia/New Zealand and especially in the United States system.
Sunday, October 31, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Germany: The fact the question of if the Queen sh...
- NAACP: IRS may look into their tax exempt status b...
- Iran: Iran playing the E-3 like a well tuned guita...
- Guardian: I think this is a great correction and s...
- John Kerry: Interesting story from Washington Time...
- France: Chirac's popularity falling over various i...
- Afghanistan: Jason Burke of the Guardian can try t...
- Canada: Authorities are going to investigate a Van...
- Early Voting: I'm shocked to hear about voter inti...
- Iran: Iranians are unlikely to make concessions to...