Canada: Authorities are going to investigate a Vancouver Sheik of hate crimes for praising Jihad and calling Jews "the brothers of monkeys and swine." The Canadian Muslim Congress had this to say. Tarek Fatah, a founding member of the Canadian Muslim Congress, told the Toronto Star's Hicham Safieddine he was very disturbed and upset when he learned of the content of Kathrada's lectures. "I don't know the guy but I would only say that the organizers (of the lectures) should be persecuted for hate crimes," Fatah said Of course, you have comments like this Duan Ismail, president of the B.C. Muslim Association knows the mosque leader and says Kathrada is a moderate. "I know him as a fellow Muslim as a brother who comes to the Mosque we have shared a spaces together sometimes," he says. "I'm really surprised that brother Younus has made comments like that. To me it's quite out of character for him." Yeah, I'm sure he is a moderate and this is the one time where he spoke like this. This is the sort of mealey-whiny talk that pisses me off and continues to make Muslims look bad. The guy is clearly not a moderate, but someone has to say he is which in turns looks like you're out of your mind. I don't think it's by concidence, that the Mosque this sheik preaches at is the same that used to be attended by a Rudwan Khalil Abubaker, who got killed in Chechnya a couple of weeks back and the Russians claim was an explosive expert. The family denies that, but one of the relatives did say he was supposed to be in Saudi Arabia visiting relatives and no clue how he got killed in Chechnya.
Saturday, October 23, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Early Voting: I'm shocked to hear about voter inti...
- Iran: Iranians are unlikely to make concessions to...
- France Troubles: It's economy is heading towards a...
- Spain: Since its new socialist government came int...
- EU: EU is now losing ground to America and Asia in...
- Madrid Bombings: I did not know this was still con...
- Trinidad: The further decline of a nation continue...
- Canada: If there was any doubt about who runs Cana...
- Iraq: European experts in searching for Mass Grave...
- Bill Cosby: The Cos is not backing down on his tou...