Darfur: According to the Guardian the killing, displacement and raping of Darfur is being hyped up by the US for regime change via food aid workers. While none of the aid workers and officials interviewed by The Observer denied there was a crisis in Darfur - or that killings, rape and a large-scale displacement of population had taken place - many were puzzled that it had become the focus of such hyperbolic warnings when there were crises of similar magnitude in both northern Uganda and eastern Congo. Oh well, nothing to see here, lets cut back on the hype and humanitarian aid. This is what happens in the U.N. when the victims are Black(even black Muslims). The importance of it all gets ratcheted down.
Sunday, October 03, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Al Qaeda: Al Qaeda members in Saudi Arabia are rea...
- CBS: Don Hewitt slams CBS and Dan Rather for the m...
- Self-Loathing: Roberto Benigni making an Iraq "com...
- Italy: The Italian public is beginning to realize ...
- Al qaeda: Tape surfaced today supposedly by Dr. Ay...
- Cat Stevens: It looks like Yusuf Islam is either a...
- Shut up: If you needed any more proof that enterta...
- Bloggers: Nytimes magazine piece on bloggers is a ...
- Africa: Bus drivers in Swaziland say they will rap...
- Germany: Schroeder's SPD party loses again in loca...