EU: EU is now losing ground to America and Asia in terms of competitiveness and its society is reaching a breaking point, other than that everything is fine. "What is at risk ... is nothing less than the sustainability of the society Europe has built and to that extent, the viability of its civilisation", says the paper, drawn up by 13 experts led by former Dutch Prime Minister Wim Kok. The working population will be unable to sustain "Europe's growing army of pensioners", economic growth will "stagnate" and institutions face "contraction and decline"."In sum, Europe has lost ground to both the US and Asia; its societies are under strain; and some ugly political forces are beginning to manifest themselves", is the gloomy conclusion of the 37 page draft.
Monday, October 18, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Madrid Bombings: I did not know this was still con...
- Trinidad: The further decline of a nation continue...
- Canada: If there was any doubt about who runs Cana...
- Iraq: European experts in searching for Mass Grave...
- Bill Cosby: The Cos is not backing down on his tou...
- Saudi Arabia: Well, so much for that hope of women...
- Trinidad: Good news is that Oil Revenues will be h...
- Africa: A shocking article in the New York Times n...
- Sudan: UN says has made no progress in stopping an...
- Darfur: According to the Guardian the killing, dis...