Italy: The Italian public is beginning to realize the two female hostages are not exactly all they are cracked up to be. The Bridge to Baghdad group they belong too seems reasonable enough. Tim Blair has more. But as the Turin newspaper La Stampa said yesterday, national unity has been short lived since their arrival home, wearing kaftans and thanking their captors in Arabic for their release before the cameras of the Al-Jazeera stellite television network. What to do?: Daily Abultion is all over this 3 way dance between Blacks, Gays, and Muslims. Short version: Ken "The Red" Livingstone bashes gay activist Peter Tatchell who bashes Ken for sticking up for "Moderate" Cleric Yusuf al-Qaradawi, Tatchell being bashed by the something called the Black Music Council for protesting reggae(dancehall) stars for their homophobic lyrics at the Mobo award show and pushing "Negrophobia". Tatchell is also getting bashed surprisingly by black and gay representatives of the National Union of Students for being Islamphobic against Yusuf. 1) Jamaica is notoriously homophobic as is dancehall music. 2) Yusuf Al- Qaradawi is NOT a moderate Muslim and his views against Jews, Gays and Women are appalling. But this shows the infighting that is happening on the left. Here you have Gays vs Blacks vs Muslims. Muslims have become the new chic victims for leftists, they side with the Cleric because he is being bashed even though the evidence is clear that Tatchell is right. The dancehall nonsense is even less defensible, but it doesn't stop some trying to make excuses for it.
Saturday, October 02, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Al qaeda: Tape surfaced today supposedly by Dr. Ay...
- Cat Stevens: It looks like Yusuf Islam is either a...
- Shut up: If you needed any more proof that enterta...
- Bloggers: Nytimes magazine piece on bloggers is a ...
- Africa: Bus drivers in Swaziland say they will rap...
- Germany: Schroeder's SPD party loses again in loca...
- Che`: Great piece on the ridiculous idolizing by s...
- Sudan: African Union wants to send troops to help ...
- France/Turkey: French PM not at all pleased with T...
- RatherGate: Summary of new developments on CBS and...