Germany: The aftermath from the death of Van Gogh in Holland is prompting Germany to propose steps to make sure the fighting does not come over there. "Measures being considered by the Interior Ministry and other government departments include the compulsory use of German in Islamic schools, more training for Islamic theologians at German universities and more pressure on foreign-born social welfare beneficiaries to attend German-language classes. " The German Green party members have a solution to make sure it doesn't happen. BERLIN - Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder's Greens coalition partner called on Tuesday for establishing a Muslim public holiday in Germany as a reaction to violence in the Netherlands following the killing of Islam-critical film director Theo van Gogh. "Exactly such a sign is needed given the attacks in Holland," said Stroebele, who like Trittin hails from the party's "fundi" left-wing. Kill a person, make a holiday and everything will be fine. Iran: The agreement between Iran and the EU-3 to stop uranium enrichment is now subject to Iran getting support from Europe at the next IAEA meeting. I have said that Iran is playing Europe for fools, just stringing them along, but it's encouraging to see some doubt from EU President. "But while Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende -- whose country currently holds the European Union's rotating presidency -- said the accord was a "step in the right direction", he warned the enrichment suspension had to be rapidly verified. "If this does not happen we will have no option but to go to the UN Security Council," he told the European Parliament in Strasbourg " Hardees: Things that make America great. The Monster Thick Burger, 1470 calories and 102 grams of fat! Feel the heart stoppage just by looking at.
Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Holland: Dutch government wants to expand anti-ter...
- Fallujah: This is what annoys me about western med...
- CIA: Newsday reports White House is demanding the ...
- Yasser Arafat: Finally, the bastard is dead. Celeb...
- College: The continuing degradation of Islam/Musli...
- BBC: When it comes to loving terrorists like Yasse...
- Germany: The fact the question of if the Queen sh...
- NAACP: IRS may look into their tax exempt status b...
- Iran: Iran playing the E-3 like a well tuned guita...
- Guardian: I think this is a great correction and s...