Germany: Reaction to the proposed Muslim Holiday in Germany was meant with anger and mockery. "But Schroeder's Social Democrats (SPD) are markedly cool to the proposal following a failed bid earlier this month to abolish the German Unity Day holiday in a bid to boost the economy. SPD Interior Minister Otto Schily slammed the proposed Muslim holiday as "absurd." Some of moderate Greens members also distanced themselves from the idea. "Nobody would dream of proposing to Saudi Arabia that they should celebrate Pentecost," noted Greens parliamentary leader Katrin Goering-Eckardt. Bild, which is Germany's biggest selling tabloid, splashed the proposed Muslim holiday across its front page. "By the beard of the Prophet - send Trittin into the desert wilderness!" declared the paper on its front page, which included a photo-montage of the minister with a turban and thick beard. "
Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Germany: The aftermath from the death of Van Gogh ...
- Holland: Dutch government wants to expand anti-ter...
- Fallujah: This is what annoys me about western med...
- CIA: Newsday reports White House is demanding the ...
- Yasser Arafat: Finally, the bastard is dead. Celeb...
- College: The continuing degradation of Islam/Musli...
- BBC: When it comes to loving terrorists like Yasse...
- Germany: The fact the question of if the Queen sh...
- NAACP: IRS may look into their tax exempt status b...
- Iran: Iran playing the E-3 like a well tuned guita...