Canada: More outrage about the Boyd report saying it's okay to allow Sharia law in Canada from Peter Worthington. "Sharia law has no place in civilized society, no matter how benignly it is depicted. It dates back to the 14th century and does not treat the sexes equally. Period. In Ontario it may not be used to order women stoned to death for behaviour it tolerates in men, but it is a matter of degree. There is no need for it in Canada. It is not religious freedom, it is religious oppression. Listen to the Council of Muslim Women and rational Muslims like Tarak Fatah, and not the Canadian Islamic Congress, which sees itself as the sole interpreter of sharia law. "
Wednesday, December 22, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Olbermann: Leftist anchor of the low-rated countdo...
- Iran: Diplomats are not the smartest people in the...
- Shaq/Kobe: Shaq giving Kobe some advice for their ...
- Canada: Ontario's former attorney general Marion ...
- UK: Cherie Booth, PM Tony Blair's wife, has taken ...
- Video Games: EA buys 20% of Ubisoft, the monster t...
- AIDS: ANC accuses America of using Africans as tes...
- Blogs: Powerline blog named Time's Blog of the yea...
- Islam: Prince Charles is getting involved to stop ...
- Kyoto Treaty dead in the water. Ronald Bailey o...