Canada: Ontario's former attorney general Marion Boyd releases a report saying it's acceptable to have Muslim use Sharia laws to settle disputes in the province. Critics of Sharia are not happy and calls Boyd naive. "Marion Boyd today has given legitimacy and credibility to the right-wing racists who fundamentally are against equal rights for men and women," McPhedran said. Boyd's report also angered Tarek Fatah, with the Canadian Muslim Congress. She says if the province decides to move toward Shariah law, it will create "an under-class of underprivileged people who can go into their ghettos and deal with issues and not bother them." Canada likes to think of itself as worldly, but it keeps showing how naive they really are.
Monday, December 20, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- UK: Cherie Booth, PM Tony Blair's wife, has taken ...
- Video Games: EA buys 20% of Ubisoft, the monster t...
- AIDS: ANC accuses America of using Africans as tes...
- Blogs: Powerline blog named Time's Blog of the yea...
- Islam: Prince Charles is getting involved to stop ...
- Kyoto Treaty dead in the water. Ronald Bailey o...
- UK: Charlie Moore is back with a rebuttal of the a...
- Minnesota: Bloom County comes to life in Minneapol...
- Christmas: Christmas trees have been banned from a...
- Hollywood: Harrison Ford starring in a movie calle...