Canada : This is either an example of nothing of importance going on in Canada or Canadians are just way too uptight. "HALIFAX - The Supreme Court of Canada is being asked to hear arguments on whether the word "kemosabe" is racist to native people. The request comes from the Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission, which is dealing with a grievance dating back to 1999. Dorothy Kateri Moore, a Mi'kmaq woman working at a sports store in Sydney, N.S., had complained that her boss, Trevor Miller, referred to her and other workers as "kemosabe" – the term used by the 1950s TV character Tonto, the Lone Ranger's sidekick, to describe the masked cowboy. "....The board of inquiry spent one day looking at old Lone Ranger shows, eventually concluding that the term was never used in a derogatory way and that Tonto and the Lone Ranger treated each other with respect. The Supreme Court has yet to decide if it will hear the appeal. " Just to save the Supreme Court time, I have found the true meaning of Kemosabe.
Thursday, December 23, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- UN: The ongoing sex scandal in Congo by United Nat...
- Sudan: State Minister at the Interior Ministry, Mo...
- Canada: More outrage about the Boyd report saying...
- Olbermann: Leftist anchor of the low-rated countdo...
- Iran: Diplomats are not the smartest people in the...
- Shaq/Kobe: Shaq giving Kobe some advice for their ...
- Canada: Ontario's former attorney general Marion ...
- UK: Cherie Booth, PM Tony Blair's wife, has taken ...
- Video Games: EA buys 20% of Ubisoft, the monster t...
- AIDS: ANC accuses America of using Africans as tes...