EU: EU President Barroso rises the warning flag that the socialist model is in trouble and needs fixing badly. ""Without growth, without job creation, without more dynamism in our economies we cannot maintain the high levels of social insurance, protection and environmental protection which ... we call the European model", Mr Barroso told MEPs on Tuesday (14 December) " If you factor in not only American competition, but Asia and even the new EU countries in Eastern Europe where the labor is much cheaper and taxes much lower. Unless the EU does drastic changes to reform their economy to better compete, they are screwed.
Wednesday, December 15, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Iraqi bloggers: Juan Cole, far leftist calls into ...
- Israel/Hamas: LGF links up to a story that show Ha...
- UK: I can't wait to see the 10 day waiting period ...
- Madden: EA signs exclusive deal with NFL and NFL p...
- EU: Turkey knows how to push the buttons in gettin...
- UK: Pencil Sharpers banned after one student took ...
- Germany: More from the Financial Times on the job ...
- Diplomats annoy me greatly. Typical of diplomat...
- UK: We'll ban anything! Telegraph: Under-18s a...
- Margeret Cho wants abortion to be a happy thing. ...