EU: Turkey knows how to push the buttons in getting it's membership into the EU. Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has warned European Union leaders that violence from Islamic extremists could escalate if the EU rejects Turkey as a member. Speaking before the opening of Istanbul’s first modern art museum Mr Erdogan said, according to the Times: "There is nothing we can do if the EU feels that it can live with being simply a Christian club . . . but if these countries burn their bridges with the rest of the world, history will not forgive them". That ought to get the EU's attention.
Monday, December 13, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- UK: Pencil Sharpers banned after one student took ...
- Germany: More from the Financial Times on the job ...
- Diplomats annoy me greatly. Typical of diplomat...
- UK: We'll ban anything! Telegraph: Under-18s a...
- Margeret Cho wants abortion to be a happy thing. ...
- France would make the ACLU have a heart attack. ...
- New York Times editorials changes with the politic...
- New York Times again not giving the whole story ...
- Holland: Middle Class Dutch born natives leaving f...
- Trinidad: "Students light candles to mark first UN...