Iran: Diplomats are not the smartest people in the world. " VIENNA (Reuters) - Iran's decision to keep preparing raw uranium for enrichment, a step on the way to making nuclear weapons, breaks the spirit though not the letter of its pledge to freeze all such activity, diplomats said on Tuesday. Under a deal Iran reached with three EU nations to freeze all enrichment activity as of Nov. 22, preparing "yellowcake" uranium for enrichment is strictly prohibited. But the accord allowed Iran to finish some limited uranium conversion work that it had already begun before the suspension took effect. But Iran will now continue enrichment-related work until February, Western diplomats told Reuters. Continuing the work that long "would certainly violate the spirit of the agreement," a Western diplomat said. "Iran has a legal basis for doing it, but it will not inspire much confidence in them," another diplomat said." Iran has to be thinking it can't be this easy to fool these people and then shocked that it is. Canada: Montreal Gazette blasts the use of sharia law in Canada. The idea that Sharia law should be allowed a foothold in Quebec is floating around this month with talk of a proposed meeting between Montreal Muslim Council president Salam Elmenyawi and Justice Minister Jacques Dupuis. Sharia in Canada is a thoroughly bad idea that should be rejected promptly and permanently - along with any other impulse to tailor Canada's justice system to individual cultures.
Tuesday, December 21, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Shaq/Kobe: Shaq giving Kobe some advice for their ...
- Canada: Ontario's former attorney general Marion ...
- UK: Cherie Booth, PM Tony Blair's wife, has taken ...
- Video Games: EA buys 20% of Ubisoft, the monster t...
- AIDS: ANC accuses America of using Africans as tes...
- Blogs: Powerline blog named Time's Blog of the yea...
- Islam: Prince Charles is getting involved to stop ...
- Kyoto Treaty dead in the water. Ronald Bailey o...
- UK: Charlie Moore is back with a rebuttal of the a...
- Minnesota: Bloom County comes to life in Minneapol...