Madden: EA signs exclusive deal with NFL and NFL players union for the next 5 years, shutting down any competition from Take Two's/Sega ESPN football series. Take Two is unhappy. "Take-Two said the Sega NFL game was not a "material contributor" to its profits, but nonetheless it condemned the exclusive NFL/EA deal."We believe that the decisions of the National Football League and Players Inc. to grant an exclusive license for video games do a tremendous disservice to the consumers and sports fans, whose funds ultimately support the NFL, by limiting their choices, curbing creativity and almost certainly leading to higher game prices," Take-Two said in a statement." Sports Business Journal had this scoop way back in May 2004 which brought denials from all parties involved. But according to Gene Upshaw in today's article. "We started talking about this months before the ESPN product even hit the shelves," Gene Upshaw, director of the NFL Players Association, told Reuters. "Its been an ongoing dialogue about what can we do in this category to make it better for all of us."
Monday, December 13, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- EU: Turkey knows how to push the buttons in gettin...
- UK: Pencil Sharpers banned after one student took ...
- Germany: More from the Financial Times on the job ...
- Diplomats annoy me greatly. Typical of diplomat...
- UK: We'll ban anything! Telegraph: Under-18s a...
- Margeret Cho wants abortion to be a happy thing. ...
- France would make the ACLU have a heart attack. ...
- New York Times editorials changes with the politic...
- New York Times again not giving the whole story ...
- Holland: Middle Class Dutch born natives leaving f...