Shaq/Kobe: Shaq giving Kobe some advice for their showdown on Christmas Day. "MIAMI -- Shaquille O'Neal has some advice for former teammate Kobe Bryant when the rivals play against each other for the first time -- stay out of the lane. "If you've got a Corvette that runs into a brick wall, you know what's gonna happen," he said in a halftime interview on ABC's "Monday Night Football." "He's a corvette. I'm a brick wall. So you know what's gonna happen." Harry Potter: Yeah, I like Potter and J.K. Rowling just announced she has completed the 6th book, her publisher will announce the release date on Tuesday. Kyoto: Columnist from the Toronto Star, a liberal paper that regularly pushes the treaty as the greatest thing since slice bread, finally gets the point the treaty is dead as well. "The Kyoto Protocol's original goals seemed maddeningly simple when they were worked out in 1997: cut greenhouse gas emissions by a modest 5 per cent (based on 1990 levels) by 2012. Nevertheless, what seemed easy on paper became a sticky problem in the global policy-making world. The emissions targets didn't apply to some of the major developing nations like China and India, whose black-smoke factories were considered crucial to economic development. In the mature industrial powers, particularly Canada and the U.S., the targets were considered inequitable and unenforceable, and an unjustifiable burden on economies still tied to carbon fuels. ....What all this suggests is that Kyoto — a bold idea for its time — may not, after all, be the most effective instrument for addressing climate change. We need to go back to the drawing board. Declaratory environmentalism sounds good, but it's hard to legislate nations into doing the right thing. "
Tuesday, December 21, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Canada: Ontario's former attorney general Marion ...
- UK: Cherie Booth, PM Tony Blair's wife, has taken ...
- Video Games: EA buys 20% of Ubisoft, the monster t...
- AIDS: ANC accuses America of using Africans as tes...
- Blogs: Powerline blog named Time's Blog of the yea...
- Islam: Prince Charles is getting involved to stop ...
- Kyoto Treaty dead in the water. Ronald Bailey o...
- UK: Charlie Moore is back with a rebuttal of the a...
- Minnesota: Bloom County comes to life in Minneapol...
- Christmas: Christmas trees have been banned from a...