Social Security: Justoneminute and commentators debunking Paul Krugman's curious article on how Social Security is not in crisis. Paul Krugman 2004: For Social Security is a government program that works, a demonstration that a modest amount of taxing and spending can make people's lives better and more secure. And that's why the right wants to destroy it. Paul Krugman 1997: "Social Security is structured from the point of view of the recipients as if it were an ordinary retirement plan: what you get out depends on what you put in. So it does not look like a redistributionist scheme. In practice it has turned out to be strongly redistributionist, but only because of its Ponzi game aspect, in which each generation takes more out than it put in. Well, the Ponzi game will soon be over, thanks to changing demographics, so that the typical recipient henceforth will get only about as much as he or she put in (and today's young may well get less than they put in). "
Tuesday, December 07, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- EU/Muslims: This shows that the hardliners in the ...
- UN: New york times goes on a "save the UN" crusade...
- Holland: In another bone-headed move by some Musli...
- Europe: The fallout from Van Gogh's murder is gett...
- Germany: Reaction to the proposed Muslim Holiday i...
- Germany: The aftermath from the death of Van Gogh ...
- Holland: Dutch government wants to expand anti-ter...
- Fallujah: This is what annoys me about western med...
- CIA: Newsday reports White House is demanding the ...
- Yasser Arafat: Finally, the bastard is dead. Celeb...