Tsunami: Natural disasters always being out the whiny leftist attitude of everyone drop their capitialist ways and give give give! Sally Jenkins wants the BCS teams to give up their winnings and send it to Phuket. Robert Rivkin wants to have a "Tsunami surtax", Senator Leahy wants to move money from rebuilding Iraq to go to Tsunami relief. Then you have whiners like Clare Short who sees an evil thing when President Bush makes a coalition of countries to coordinate relief efforts that do not involve the United Nations. “I think this initiative from America to set up four countries claiming to coordinate sounds like yet another attempt to undermine the UN when it is the best system we have got and the one that needs building up,” she said.“Only really the UN can do that job,” she told BBC Radio Four’s PM programme.“It is the only body that has the moral authority. But it can only do it well if it is backed up by the authority of the great powers.” The fact the UN in its relief efforts are spotty(see Darfur) and corrupt(See Oil for Food) you will forgive me for not taking Short seriously at any level.
Thursday, December 30, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Tsunami: Nice to see that having dead bodies lying...
- Blogs: Nick Coleman of the Minneapolis Star Tribun...
- UN: At least Paul Volcker is upfront that the UN i...
- Tsunami: David and Joanne Ali of Australia show wh...
- Airlines: U.S Airways after this weekend where fli...
- NPR: Radio and Records on Thursday reported that N...
- Nytimes: Powerline tackles and drops for a loss a ...
- UK: Salaman Rushdie condemns the way the UK govern...
- Kyoto: Philadelphia Inquirer editorial on America'...
- Abortion : Via Justoneminte, Democrats are struggl...