UN/Kofi: In a move that surprises no one, Democrats are coming out to support Kofi Annan and saying leave him alone. Senator Patrick Leahy. Leahy, a Vermont Democrat, said he disapproved of moves by several Republicans to withhold U.S. payments unless the world body fully cooperates with Congressional probes into the oil-for-food scandal in Iraq. "I think we ought to take a deep breath. This is not a time to make a political football out of the U.N.," Leahy told reporters after seeing U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan. "We need them in the Sudan. We need them throughout parts of Africa ... in Iraq, in Haiti." Yeah, The United Nations is doing a wonderful job in Sudan, Iraq they are non-existent, and Haiti everything is under control.
Thursday, December 16, 2004
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Iran: Economist says it's a failing state, but not...
- EU: EU President Barroso rises the warning flag th...
- Iraqi bloggers: Juan Cole, far leftist calls into ...
- Israel/Hamas: LGF links up to a story that show Ha...
- UK: I can't wait to see the 10 day waiting period ...
- Madden: EA signs exclusive deal with NFL and NFL p...
- EU: Turkey knows how to push the buttons in gettin...
- UK: Pencil Sharpers banned after one student took ...
- Germany: More from the Financial Times on the job ...
- Diplomats annoy me greatly. Typical of diplomat...