Iraq: "We have freedom now, we have human rights, we have democracy," said Mr. Majid said. "We will invite the insurgents to take part in our system. If they do, we will welcome them. If they don't, we will kill them." NYTIMES AP: "The three women in black robes were walking to a polling station when a huge explosion shook the ground. They kept on going, calling out in unison: "We have no fear!" Young and old, male and female, hobbling with canes, hanging on the backs of friends and even wheeled in an office chair, Iraqis chose to go to the polls Sunday, embracing democracy in defiance of an insurgent threat "to wash the streets of Baghdad with the blood of voters."
Sunday, January 30, 2005
Currently playing: The media's true role
- Name: Ripclawe
- Location: Florida, United States
Caribbean born and bred.
"If being smart is "acting white." Then what is acting black?"
Pic of the day
- Ace of Spades
- Booker Rising
- Captain's Quarters
- Daily Ablution
- Daniel Drezner
- Hot Air
- Just One Minute
- Michelle Malkin
- NRO Corner
- Slient Running
- Tim Blair
- That Liberal Media
- TV Newser
- Technorati Profile
- Iraq: Balloon Juice has a roundup on Iraqi electio...
- Iraq: NYTIMES : "If the insurgents wanted to sto...
- UN: Kofi Annan's son admits to be involved in a de...
- Politics: Michael Moore calls the Democrats wimps,...
- Germany: Woman has to be a hooker or get her benef...
- Tsunami: Sunday Telegraph picks up the complaints ...
- Sudan: Report coming out this Tuesday will not lab...
- Media: BBC apologies for "misinterpreting" death s...
- Business: Mcdonalds is outsourcing order takers to...
- Health: Article on the why and what are floaters t...