Monday, April 25, 2005

Hey, the abortion didn't work and one of the babies lived!

Politics: "So pay me!" The poor kid is going to have problems as she grows if her mom doesn't kill her first.

Perth, Scotland (LifeNews.com) -- A Scottish woman has filed a lawsuit against a hospital over an abortion she had in 2001. The abortion was performed on twin unborn children and one of the babies survived the failed procedure. Jayde, the baby who survived, is now three years old and her mother, Stacy Dow, is filing suit for damages. She's seeking the cost she will incur of raising Jayde, an estimated $600,000 plus. "I have got a child now that I wasn't planning to have and I believe the hospital should take some responsibility for that," Dow told a London newspaper. The hospital, located in Perth, Scotland, failed to "take reasonable care to establish that the [abortion] had been successful," Dow said. ....Dow discussed with the newspaper how she would tell her daughter about the abortion she hoped to have. "I still don't know if, or what, I'm going to tell Jayde when the time comes. I just hope she understands what happened and why I did it," Dow said. In a similar case in England, a 36 year-old woman received about $25,000 under a settlement with another hospital when one of her twins survived the failed abortion.

Forums||
Copyright Narbosa 1998-2006
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com