Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ombudsman for NYTIMES says SWIFT article..

Media: ...shouldn't have been published.

Since the job of public editor requires me to probe and question the published work and wisdom of Times journalists, there’s a special responsibility for me to acknowledge my own flawed assessments. My July 2 column strongly supported The Times’s decision to publish its June 23 article on a once-secret banking-data surveillance program. After pondering for several months, I have decided I was off base. There were reasons to publish the controversial article, but they were slightly outweighed by two factors to which I gave too little emphasis. While it’s a close call now, as it was then, I don’t think the article should have been published.
Michelle Malkin asks: "Why isn't this on the front page?" Why isn't this on the front page of editor and publisher? This is huge news and should be given the once over by Greg Mitchell.....wait...never mind. More from Instapundit.

Forums||
Copyright Narbosa 1998-2006
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com